As of Tuesday morning, November 3, the YouTube channels of ABS-CBN News and the ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC) were unavailable.
The error message shown on previously uploaded videos reads: “Video unavailable. This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.”
A quick URL search produces a 404 message:
“This page isn’t available. Sorry about that. Try searching for something else.”
ABS-CBN News reported 10 million subscribers on the network as of August 16.
In a statement, ABS-CBN News said it is “aware of the problem.”
“We are currently investigating this and working closely with YouTube to resolve the problem. In the meantime, you can catch our livestreams and news reports on the Teleradyo channel. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”
According to YouTube, if a channel or account is terminated, a user “may be unable to use, own, or create any other YouTube channels/accounts.”
“When a channel is terminated, the channel owner gets an email explaining the reason for the termination,” it added.
The ABS-CBN news website was briefly downloaded in the Philippines on September 3. However, it was found to be accessible via Safari and VPN gadgets.
At the time, ABS-CBN said it detected a “technical problem” and was looking into the matter.
ABS-CBN was forced to go off-air early May due to a National Telecommunications Commission order. Lawmakers rejected the network’s bid for a fresh franchise in July over alleged “numerous violations”